- A place will be confirmed via email on receipt of a booking which creates legally binding obligations for both parties irrespective of attendance on the day. Legal Island Ltd reserves the right to refuse an application for a place.
- Where payment is not made at the time of booking an invoice will be emailed to the delegate and/or accounts payable email address provided.
- Payment is required within 14 days of the invoice date, or by the date of the event if earlier.
- Early Bird bookings - to qualify for this discount, Legal Island Ltd's payment terms must be adhered to.
- Legal Island Ltd has the statutory right to interest and compensation on unpaid debts beyond their due date (above). Interest will accrue daily at:
Northern Ireland - Bank of England (BOE) base rate +8%.
Republic of Ireland - European Central Bank (ECB) main refinancing rate +8%
- Please ensure a purchase order number is indicated if necessary.
- For collection of payment, please provide Legal Island Ltd with a contact name and number of your accounts payable department where necessary.
- An email address for the delegate is essential for purposes of pre & post conference communications as well as confirmation of booking.
- Legal Island Ltd will not disclose your email address to any third party.
- Cancellations will incur the following charges:
Over 28 days - £50 + VAT/€50 flat rate
15-28 days - 50% of course fees
1-14 days - 100% of course fees
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration. You cannot cancel your registration without contacting us.
- Transfers to future events is not permitted.
- Substitute delegates and name change are permitted. Requests must be made in writing. Please email events at legal-island.com
- No refunds or credit notes are allowed for absence due to illness or non-attendance of the event for any reason.
- Please note, an admin charge of £50 (+ VAT) /€50 is applicable when re-invoicing or issuing of credit notes as a result of a requested booking change.
- If you have purchased an in-person ticket but are no longer able to attend, an online ticket can be provided to you with notice of 2 business days. Requests must be made in writing. Please email email@example.com
- If Legal Island Ltd is required to move the event to online only, therefore cancelling the in-person element of the event, we will offer delegates the opportunity to attend online. In this instance delegates will not be refunded.
- In the event of moving from in-person to online, Legal Island Ltd is not responsible for travel and accommodation costs you may have already incurred. Please check with your travel company and accommodation provider if refunds are possible.
- Please note that the content for each event published here is meant as a guide only and is subject to change. We reserve the right to amend a programme or cancel an event at any time for whatever reason.
- All organisations with fewer than 50 employees or charities qualify for the Charity/Small Company rate. The number of employees includes all branches, subsidiary/parent companies, boards, trusts and federated organisations.
- A certificate of attendance is provided within 5 days of the event, which may be used to obtain CPD points/hours where applicable. Certificate requests should be made in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes or cancellation of the Event made by Legal Island Ltd
- We aim to ensure that the Event programme, speakers, topics, platform, format and dates are correct at the time of publishing. Circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions, alterations, postponements, or cancellations to the content, format, themes, name, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, timing, platform or dates of the Event (not an exhaustive list). We reserve the right to do so at any time and will not be liable to you for ANY cost incurred by you as a result. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any substitutions, postponements, or changes by posting the updated information on the Legal Island Ltd website.
- If the event is postponed, we will provide you with access to the event at a later date. No refunds will be provided if the event is postponed.
- In the unlikely event that cancellation of the Event, our total aggregate liability to you is limited to the refund of paid fees that remain after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted, and we will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation.
- It is possible that the Event (online or in-person) and/or some of the Services may not be available at any given time due to (a) power or server outages or issues (b) update or maintenance periods (c) as a result of a war, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (d) epidemic or pandemic; (e) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (f) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (g) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority; (h) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (i) any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; (j) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; (k) interruption or failure of utility service and/or (l) electronic or communications failure. We will take reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of interruption to the Services or Event. Where the Services are unavailable for reasons beyond our control, we shall have no liability to you.
- We are not liable if the Event is, in whole or in part, cancelled, rescheduled or postponed, or for any failure or delay to perform our obligations under these Terms, if such event results from anything beyond our reasonable control (for example (a) power or server outages or issues (b) update or maintenance periods (c) as a result of a war, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (d) epidemic or pandemic; (e)terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (f) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (g) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority; (h) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (i) any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; (j) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; and (k) interruption or failure of utility service , (l) electronic or communications failure y) or anything else that renders performance of the Event, in whole or in part, impracticable, illegal or impossible.
Photography, audio and video recording
- By attending a Legal Island Ltd Event you acknowledge and agree that where you choose to participate in online elements of the Event you are giving consent for Legal Island Ltd to store recordings of any session that you join, if such recordings are in our systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to turn off your camera or leave the webinar.
- You agree to permit Legal Island Ltd, or any third party licensed by us, to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise globally disseminate your likeness, name, voice and words in perpetuity in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media now available and hereafter developed, both before, during and any time after the Event, and in any form, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes the right to edit the media, the right to use the media (alone or together with other information), and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
- Legal Island Ltd may (unless instructed in writing) use photographs and/or video recordings including images of individuals taking part in our events both internally and externally to promote our business.
- These images could be used in print and digital media formats including print publication, websites, e-marketing, poster banner, advertising, film, social media, teaching and research purposes.
- Delegate details may be shared with the event facilitator (and venue if applicable) prior to the event to confirm individuals attending the programme (identity purposes) and dietary requirements.
- Online events will be recorded and shared with individuals who are unable to attend the whole session due to unforeseen circumstances. These recordings can also be accessed on-demand for continued learning by delegates who joined on the day. However, recordings should not be shared with anyone who has not registered for the event.
- Legal Island Ltd is committed to processing information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The personal data collected will be held securely and will only be used for administrative purposes.
Terms and Conditions updated 17 May 2023.
The Employment Law Hub paid subscription has a minimum term of 12 months. The service is for the use of the named subscriber(s) only. Where the Subscriber is not an individual the employing organisation is regarded as the contracting party. Email notification is needed to change the named recipient of the email service within the term of the subscription. Material should not be forwarded, copied or otherwise distributed without the written consent of Legal-Island. Legal Island cannot be responsible for undeliverable e-mails howsoever resulting. Legal Island reserves the right to refuse subscription for whatever lawful reason. Subscribers should consult a legally qualified person before acting on information provided through the service. Legal-Island cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies in the material reported. Legal Island can not be responsible for any damage or loss arising from any viruses that may be transmitted through this service.
Legal Island reserves the right to use the service to publicise its own conferences, seminars and other commercial operations.
Renewal of Service
The service is automatically renewed for a further 12-month term unless written cancellation is received prior to the renewal date. A renewal invoice will be issued in the month preceding renewal and payment terms are 14 days net. Legal Island reserves the right to suspend the email service where payment is overdue; this will not affect the subscriber’s liability to pay the outstanding invoice plus statutory compensation and accrued interest at:
Northern Ireland - BOE base rate +8%.
Republic of Ireland - ECB main refinancing rate +8%
Any credit or refund for unused periods of subscription is entirely at Legal Island management’s discretion.
Terms and Conditions updated 01/12/2014
Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015
Under the above legislation, as amended, online traders such as Legal-Island must provide customers with certain information and provide alternative dispute resolution options for dissatisfied customers within the EU. Indeed, as providers, we may also submit complaints about consumers. Find out more online at the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform:
Should you have a dispute about our online services that cannot be amicably resolved, we recommend mediation as a means to resolve any on-going dispute. We would only recommend qualified and accredited mediators, such as those provided by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland:
We hope that none of our customers feels the need to revert to mediation and are confident that you will be satisfied with the services we provide. In the unlikely circumstance that you are not completely satisfied with your online experience, or any of the other services provided by Legal Island, we would hope that we can resolve any problems directly between ourselves. However, should you wish to formalise an unresolved dispute, we recommend we use mediation as the most effective way to mutually resolve any ongoing dispute.
Should you have any query or complaint about our services, online or otherwise, please contact Scott@legal-island.com or call:
01 401 3874 (Republic of Ireland)
028 9446 3888 (UK)
Terms and Conditions updated 05/09/2019
Terms and Conditions updated 02/09/2019
Click any of the event formats below to download our Terms and Conditions for Sponsorship and Exhibition opportunities:
Terms and Conditions updated 27/01/2020
Legal Island value your privacy. We will use the data you provide to us in order to promote our other products and services, but we will never share your data will 3rd parties without your express consent.