Designating a Data Protection Officer: Key ConsiderationsPosted in : Hot topics in Employment and Technology Law with Matheson on 15 May 2018
In the third of the series by Crowley Solicitors on data processing in the workplace, Eimear Boyle explains when a DPO is required and the scope of their role. The DPO’s duties and responsibilities are highlighted and consideration is given to whether a Privacy Officer, as distinct from a DPO, is more appropriate.
Who needs to consider appointing a DPO in their business/organisation?
- Public authorities/bodies; or
- Controllers or processors whose core activities consist of regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale; or
- Controllers or processors whose core activities consist of the processing on a large scale of special category/sensitive personal
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
More on Data Protection & Freedom of Information
- COVID-19: Practical Employment Related Data Protection Issues
- Key Issues For Remote Working And Remote Employment Processes
- Quiz: Are you Cyber-Aware Amongst COVID-19?
- Key Considerations For Employers Regarding The Use Of CCTV Footage In Disciplinary Proceedings
- Data Protection Commission Issues First GDPR Administrative Fine
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.