Dr Gerry’s Top 5 How to…. GuidesPosted in : How To... with Dr. Gerry McMahon on 17 September 2019
Dr Gerry McMahon is acknowledged as a national expert in the area of People Management and Employee Relations. He has over 30 years’ experience working as a presenter cum lecturer in the area, across a host of reputable public and private sector, 3rd level educational and academic institutions. He has also got extensive experience working as a consultant, negotiator, trainer, adjudicator, mediator, coach, team builder, investigator, researcher, facilitator, arbitrator and expert witness on behalf of a wide range of Government departments, public sector enterprises, semi-state entities, blue chip companies, professional institutes, trade unions, employer and community\voluntary and religious organisations.
We've analysed the most popular articles written by Dr Gerry as chosen by our subscribers, on the Irish Employment Law Hub.
Here are the Top Five most popular ‘How To’ articles covering a wide range of topics, including:
- How to... Manage Absenteeism – Gerry discusses the most effective methods for managing absence in the workplace, including return to work interviews.
- How to... Avoid Disciplinary and Dismissal Disasters – this article outlines the importance of following proper procedure to ensure that you avoid a disciplinary and/or dismissal disaster.
- How to... Avoid Legal Potholes in Recruitment and Selection – Gerry outlines how statute impacts on recruitment activities and sets out best practice guidance to avoid legal challenge.
- How To... Trade Union Recognition – To Recognise or Not to Recognise? - Gerry reviews industrial case law developments to explore 3 options in relation to Trade Unions: 1. work with unions (e.g. across the public sector); 2. try to edge out unions, or 3. they can try to manage without unions (e.g. across the private sector).
- How to… Successfully Use a ‘Performance Improvement Plan’ With Underperformers - The effective application and legal status or merit of PIPs relies heavily on good coaching techniques. In this article Gerry outlines how to effectively carry out a PIP meeting – focusing on what to do before, during and after the meeting.
How To... with Dr. Gerry McMahon
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.