A Guide to Fixed-Term Contracts in IrelandPosted in : First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 6 August 2018
This month, Ciarán Ahern, Associate with A&L Goodbody's Employment Group, has provided answers to some of your questions on fixed-term workers.
- When is the use of a fixed-term contract appropriate?
- What considerations need to be made when renewing a fixed-term contract?
- When can a fixed-term contract be deemed to be a contract of indefinite duration?
- What are the objective justifications for not offering a contract of indefinite duration?
- Can an employee bring an unfair dismissal claim on the non-renewal of a fixed-term contract?
- What protections are afforded to fixed-term workers?
- Is there a restriction on the length of a fixed-term contract?
- Can you dismiss an employee prior to
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
More from the First Tuesday Q&A
Posted in: First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 06 October 2020
Protected Disclosures – A Review of Recent Developments
Posted in: First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 01 September 2020
Posted in: First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 04 August 2020
Mandatory Retirement and Age Discrimination
Posted in: First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 06 July 2020
Redundancy for Employees on Temporary Lay-Off
Posted in: First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 05 June 2020
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.