A Guide to Redundancy in IrelandPosted in : First Tuesday Q&A ROI on 6 November 2018
In our October 2017 First Tuesday Q&A, we discussed the three golden rules for employers to follow in conducting a "fair" redundancy process:
- ensure a genuine redundancy situation exists;
- ensure the employee was fairly selected for redundancy; and
- ensure the dismissal was effected with regard to full and fair procedures.
In this month's First Tuesday Q&A, Audrey Whyte, Solicitor in A&L Goodbody, looks at common procedural questions and pitfalls that employers face when navigating the redundancy process.
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
More on Redundancy
- Adam Brien v Persian Properties 
- Natasha Comerford v Wedding List Solutions Limited 
- Darragh O’Farrell v Campbell Catering Limited t/a Aramark Ireland 
- Kathryn O’Boyle v Temperature Controlled Pharmaceuticals Limited 
- Irish Employment Law In Brief: A Case Law Special (April 2022)
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.