Review of Recent Employment Developments in Ireland 12/7/2019Posted in : Fortnightly Review of Recent Employment Developments on 11 July 2019
What we learned this week:
- There are more developments on the use of Tips and Gratuities in wages
- The Judicial Council Bill passed by the Houses of the Oireachtas will deal with training and complaints
- The Industrial Relations (Amendment) Act 2019 allows Gardaí disputes to be referred to the WRC and Labour Court
- In GB, sexual harassment complaints to employment tribunals rocket by 70 per cent in the light of #MeToo
And here's this week's contents list in full...
1. Case Law Reviews
2. Labour Court - Strategic Plan 2019 -2022
3. Tips and Gratuities
4. Equality Update
5. Statistical Update
6. Legislative Update
7. Brexit Update
8. Courts Service - Annual Report 2018
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
More Labour & Superior Court Case Law Reviews
- A Cautionary Tale of Unforeseen Consequences - Delaney v Aer Lingus (Ireland) Limited 
- Probationary Periods and Fair Procedures - Implications of the O’Donovan Case
- The Extent Of The Obligation To Provide Reasonable Accommodation
- Appealing on a Point of Law – Superior Court Role
- Don’t ‘Settle’ For Second Best: The Importance of Legal Advice In Settlement Agreements
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.