Review of Recent Employment Developments in Ireland 30/10/2020Posted in : Fortnightly Review of Recent Employment Developments on 30 October 2020 Issues covered:
This week's top stories:
- In our case law review this week, an employee is awarded €15,000 after a racial slur and a further €1600 for the employer's breaches of the OWTA.
- The Oireachtas committee on Enterprise, Trade and Employment agreed to include the topic of a four-day week in its draft programme.
- Is your organisation ready for Brexit? The DBEI has launched the new online Enterprise Ireland Brexit Readiness Checker.
- In the Diversity and Inclusion Discussion Forum today at 3.30pm we have five people taking on five subjects.
- Secondary school teachers who are members of the ASTI trade union have voted in favour of industrial action over Covid-19 concerns.
And here's this week's
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
Latest on Coronavirus/Covid-19
- Barbara Nalepa v Winifred Rochford ta The Health Store 
- What is the Current Law in Relation to Mandatory Retirement Ages?
- Lay-Offs – What Do They Mean With Respect To Notice Payments?
- Stefan Jennings v Cidos Trading Ltd Banba Toymaster 
- Warren Sweeney v MSL Engineering 
- Withdrawal of Employment Due to Disability Deemed Discrimination
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.