Coronavirus Employment Update 17/4/2020Posted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 17 April 2020
We have a number of employment news articles related to the Coronavirus this week including:
An Garda Síochána Powers Extended to 5th May
Update to the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme Announced by Minister Donohoe
Employees with net pay less than €586 per week (€38,000):
- For those employees with previous average net pay less than €412 per week (equivalent to almost €24,400) the subsidy will be increased from 70% to 85% of their previous net weekly pay.
- For those employees with previous average net pay between €412 and €500 per week (equivalent to €24,400-€31,000), the subsidy will be up to €350 per week.
Employees with net pay in excess of €586 per week (€38,000):
- For employees with previous net pay in excess of €586 per week (equivalent to €38,000), a tiered approach will apply. The maximum subsidy payable for these remains €350 per week.
Revenue to implement Changes to Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
Revenue is implementing the changes to TWSS announced by the Minister this week. Revenue has confirmed that the new subsidy rates and the relevant tapering will become fully operational for payroll submissions made on or after 4 May 2020, with a pay date on or after that same date.
RTE Summary of Updates
Over 500,000 Receiving Enhanced Benefits
Cross-border workers 'left in limbo' over benefits
SIPTU and HSE Agree Redeployment Of Health Workers To Private Nursing Homes
Economic Outcome of Coronavirus and Restrictions
Irish Economy Set To Return To Growth Next Year
NSAI Guide To Help Retailers Manage Business Continuity During The COVID-19 Emergency
Mental Health and Wellbeing Initiative Launched
Leaving Cert Exams Postponed
Changes to Directors’ Duties Across Globe due to Coronavirus Crisis
Visual Representation on Covid-19 Impact by Oireachtas Library and Research Service
Remote Court Hearings to Start This Month
CIPD Coronavirus Hub
The CIPD also has a range of guidance material for employers in navigating the Coronavirus pandemic including guidance on remote working and a series of FAQ's.
Latest on Coronavirus/Covid-19
- An Audience with RDJ (July 2021) Covid-19 Vaccination Status and Redundancy
- How To Build Psychological Safety For Better Team Results
- DPC Guidance on Processing Covid-19 Vaccination Data - Your Questions Answered
- Irish Employment Law: What We Learned Last Quarter (Q2 2021)
- Review of Recent Employment Developments in Ireland 2/7/2021
- Review of Recent Employment Developments in Ireland 25/6/2021
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.