In Brief – A Roundup of Recent Redundancy ResourcesPosted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 4 September 2020
An unfortunate consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic has been a sharp decline in output for many business and sectors resulting in inevitable redundancies. In this month’s In Brief article we outline some of the very helpful articles and resources on redundancy to help navigate this minefield.
- Collective Redundancies – Joe Mahon, A&L Goodbody answers a series of questions on collective redundancies in relation to consultation and procedures.
- Redundancy for Employees on Temporary Lay-Off - Ciarán Lyng, A&L Goodbody considers how an employer can make employees on temporary lay-off redundant.
- Redundancy for Employees with Less than Two Years’ Service – How Do I Handle It? – Jennifer Cashman, Ronan Daly Jermyn discusses the process for terminating employment contracts (due to redundancy) for employees with less than 2 years’ service who do not qualify for redundancy payments.
- Using Compromise Agreements in Redundancy Dismissals – How Do I Handle It? - Deirdre Malone, Ronan Daly Jermyn outlines the key considerations for an employer in using compromise agreements in a redundancy dismissal.
- Collective Redundancy – an Overview of the Law – Laura Graham, Reddy Charlton Solicitors, outlines the key legal considerations in managing collective redundancy situations.
- How To: Get the Redundancy Programme Right – 9 Key Rules - Dr. Gerry McMahon, Productive Personnel Ltd sets out 9 key steps to ensure a challenge free redundancy process.
- An Overview of Redundancy Processes - Caroline McEnery, The HR Suite outlines the key HR processes involved in redundancy dismissals.
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.