Our Top 5 From 2020Posted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 7 January 2021
Well, 2020 was certainly an interesting year and we thought we would celebrate the New Year with a review of our top 5 offerings from 2020.
- Diversity and Inclusion Forum – the D&I Forum introduced in 2020 provided a platform for debate and discussion around important D&I issues and included topis such as should gender quotas be compulsory in the workplace or the importance of the Black Lives Matter movement. You can listen again to the discussions here.
- Annual Review of Employment Law – we were delighted to be able to bring you our Annual Review of Employment Law – albeit virtually - but with no loss of interesting and relevant content and with a fantastic networking facility. Reviews were wonderful and we had so many amazing sessions including this session on Covert Recording in the Workplace from Adrian Twomey, Jacob and Twomey Solicitors – enjoy!
- Covid-19 Updates – we had a wealth of material for customers helping to address the many, many challenges faced by the Coronavirus pandemic. These are all held in our Coronavirus hub which can be accessed here. We are also delighted to offer you this excellent session and accompanying paper from Cathal McGreal BL on the Mental Health Implications of Covid-19 that he presented at our Equality Update event in October 2020.
- Webinars – as always Legal Island rose to the challenge and provided our customers with a wide range of webinars to help address the challenges faced as a result of the pandemic including our regular monthly series with the HR Suite’s Caroline McEnery addressing key HR issues and also subject specific offerings such as the Wage Subsidy Scheme with Bláthnaid Evans, Leman Solicitors and Managing and Motivating Homeworkers in the New World of Work with our own Barry Phillips and a panel of local experts. You can listen to all our webinars here.
- Articles – our expert contributors continued to provide a wide range of HR and employment law articles to help address key HR and employment law issues that arose, often as a consequence of the pandemic. This included our First Tuesday Q&A with A&L Goodbody and How Do I Handle It with RDJ monthly features as well as many more helpful features.
Our top 5 articles from 2020 are set out below:
- Requiring Employees To Use Their Annual Leave Entitlement – How Do I Handle It?
- Mandatory Retirement and Age Discrimination
- Remote Working And Compliance With Working-Time Rules
- Performance Appraisals – Tips and Advice
- Legal Status of the Right to Disconnect in Ireland
You may also be interested in:
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.