In Brief: Updates from October 2021Posted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 1 November 2021
This month’s 'In Brief' brings together a range of resources and articles that we’ve found interesting over the past month. We’ve highlighted the key themes, to help you keep up to date with developments.
The Philip Lee Guide to: Staff Handbooks
Patrick Walshe of Philip Lee continues his helpful series on the all-important issue of Staff Handbooks and provides his ‘cheat sheet’ answers for HR professionals including:
What is a staff handbook?
Am I required by law to have a staff handbook?
Do I have to provide every employee with a copy of the handbook, and if so, when should this be
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
Find out 'How to handle it'
- Domestic Violence Leave: How Do I Handle it?
- Off the Record/Protected Conversations: How Do I Handle them?
- Sexual Harassment - How Do I Handle It?
- An Employee has Requested a Reduction in Working Hours to Facilitate Breastfeeding Breaks - How Do I Handle It?
- An Employee Wants to Work Past the Company’s Retirement Age of 65 - How Do I Handle It?
Recent Equality Law Decisions
- Successful Claim for Discrimination arising from the Conduct of an Internal Interview Process
- Unfair Dismissal for Misconduct
- Is a Discretionary Clause in a Sick Pay Scheme Always Permissible?
- Sexual Harassment In The Workplace – A Subjective Test?
- Withdrawal of Employment Due to Disability Deemed Discrimination
Recent Webinar Recordings
- Navigating HR's Cyber Frontier - Risks, Compliance and Training
- ChatGPT Introductory Session
- Diversity & Inclusion: Discrimination Case Law Review
- The HR Suite - Insights on Investigations
- HR Suite - Dignity, Equality and Why? Key Points for Organisations to Consider
- D&I and the Rise of the AI Machines…- Understand They’re as (Un)inclusive as we make Them
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.