In Brief: Updates from October 2021Posted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 1 November 2021
This month’s 'In Brief' brings together a range of resources and articles that we’ve found interesting over the past month. We’ve highlighted the key themes, to help you keep up to date with developments.
The Philip Lee Guide to: Staff Handbooks
Patrick Walshe of Philip Lee continues his helpful series on the all-important issue of Staff Handbooks and provides his ‘cheat sheet’ answers for HR professionals including:
What is a staff handbook?
Am I required by law to have a staff handbook?
Do I have to provide every employee with a copy of the handbook, and if so, when should this be
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
Find out 'How to handle it'
- Withdrawing a Verbal Offer of Employment Made to a Candidate who was Headhunted - How do I Handle it?
- Implementation of the Sick Leave Act 2022 - How Do I Handle It?
- Statutory Timeframes and “Reasonable Cause” - How Do I Handle It?
- How To Handle It – Employee Refuses To Attend Remote Disciplinary Process
- Investigation reports, Inter company disputes and Subject Access Requests – How do I handle it?
Read more from the Reddy Made Contracts Series
Recent Equality Law Decisions
- Sexual Harassment In The Workplace – A Subjective Test?
- Withdrawal of Employment Due to Disability Deemed Discrimination
- Equal Pay Under the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2021
- Employer Entitled to Rely on Clear Retirement Age Clause in Contract When Terminating Employee's Employment
- Failure to Follow Company Doctor's Advice Results in Award for Employee
Recent Webinar Recordings
- Lunch and Learn with MCS Group: Having their Cake and Eating it – The Need for Branding & EVP During a Tight Labour Market
- Absence Management and the Introduction of SSP with The HR Suite
- Comparative Table Webinar - Sick Leave Legislation
- Bullying Code of Practice - Compliance Challenges Arising with The HR Suite
- Annual Review of Employment Law 2022 - The Programme
- Review of Relevant Case Law with the HR Suite
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.