In Brief: Updates from October 2021Posted in : Supplementary Articles ROI on 1 November 2021 Issues covered: Performance Issues; Mandatory Retirement; Staff Handbooks; Public Holidays
This month’s 'In Brief' brings together a range of resources and articles that we’ve found interesting over the past month. We’ve highlighted the key themes, to help you keep up to date with developments.
The Philip Lee Guide to: Staff Handbooks
Patrick Walshe of Philip Lee continues his helpful series on the all-important issue of Staff Handbooks and provides his ‘cheat sheet’ answers for HR professionals including:
What is a staff handbook?
Am I required by law to have a staff handbook?
Do I have to provide every employee with a copy of the handbook, and if so, when should this be
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Irish Employment Law Hub? We help thousands of people like you understand how the latest changes in Irish employment law impact your business through a mix of case law analysis and in-depth articles. All delivered right to your inbox.
We help you to understand the ramifications of each important case from Ireland and Europe.
We help you ensure that your organisation's policies and procedures are fully compliant with Irish law.
You will receive regular updates on Irish employment law including case law reviews, legislative changes, topical updates as well as answers to your burning questions through our Q&A feature.
You will have 24/7 access to the Employment Law Hub so you can research case law and HR issues when you need to.
Find out 'How to handle it'
- An Employee Wants to Work Past the Company’s Retirement Age of 65 - How Do I Handle It?
- Remote Work Legislation has Passed: How do I Handle it?
- A Neurodivergent Employee – How Do I Handle It?
- Romance in the Workplace – How Do I Handle It?
- Withdrawing a Verbal Offer of Employment Made to a Candidate who was Headhunted - How do I Handle it?
Recent Equality Law Decisions
Recent Webinar Recordings
- MCS Lunch and Learn - Discover the Secret Ingredient to Attracting and Retaining Top Talent
- Effectively Manage Long-Term Absence in the Workplace
- Comparative Law Table Webinar with Lewis Silkin LLP - Redundancies and Restructuring
- Beyond Ticking the Box: Creating Real Impact with Inclusion at Work
- HR Suite - Effective Performance Management Strategies
- Unregulated Use of ChatGPT in the Workplace – five things HR absolutely must do right now to reduce the risks of litigation
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.