Christmas Parties - 'tis the season to be... Cautious?Posted in : Webinar Recordings on 2 December 2019
It's Christmas party season and, love it or hate it, it's one of those annual events that's important to a lot of your employees. In this webinar, Caroline McEnery, Managing Director of The HR Suite, Adjudicator in the WRC and former member of the Low Pay Commission, discusses the key issues arising for employers to ensure that the Christmas party is not eventful for the wrong reasons! Caroline covers:
- Employer tips for planning the office Christmas party to make sure it goes smoothly
- Legal risks of Christmas parties and what strategies can employers follow to mitigate the prospect of claims arising
- What are the business policies and procedures in place i.e. social media, dignity at work policy
- What constitutes inappropriate behaviour including harassment and sexual harassment
- Employers duty of care
- What should employers do if an issue arises at the actual Christmas party i.e. an allegation is made after the party.
Transcript to follow.
Getting into the Spirit – Christmas Party Advice for Employers - by Caroline McEnery, The HR Suite
The Office Christmas Party: Top Tips for Employers - by Blathnaid Evans, Leman Solicitors
How to Regulate the Staff Christmas Party Without Seeming Like a Grinch - by Jennifer Cashman, Ronan Daly Jermyn
Recent Webinar Recordings
- Fostering a Dignity & Respect Culture & Potential Risks of Not Achieving Same
- Dealing with Poor Performance Proactively
- Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act Update
- The Art of Investigating Whistleblowing Claims in Ireland
- Ailbhe Dennehy's Case Law Review 2018
- Jennifer Cashman’s Review of Irish Employment Law 2018
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.