Back to Basics: Employment Law in ROI
The Back to Basics: Employment Law in ROI online course is specifically designed to give attendees a thorough grounding in the main components of Irish employment law. An understanding of core Irish specific employment laws is more important than ever before.
This is an interactive 2 x half-day online event, delivered by a team of highly experienced employment law experts. The sessions will be supported by a comprehensive pack of notes on Irish employment law as well as a number of practical exercises throughout the sessions to help enforce learning. The online sessions will also be complemented with access to a number of additional e-learning programmes aimed to help supplement attendees’ understanding of Employment Laws in ROI.
What are the learning outcomes?
- By the end of this event, attendees will:
- Have a clear understanding of the key points and principles of employment law in ROI.
- Understand the concept of natural justice in disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Understand the importance of following organisational policies and procedures.
- Be able to understand and handle common workplace scenarios, having learnt through worked examples.
What will be covered?
- The role of the WRC and the Irish Courts’ System for the enforcement of employment rights
- Basics of employment contracts (including the implications of implied terms)
- Working Time and Leave (including an overview on The Work Life Balance and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2023)
- Disciplinary procedures and performance management
- Fair and unfair dismissals (including Employment Tribunal basics)
- Protected disclosures (whistleblowing)
- Scope of the Employment Equality Acts
Additional Learning Aids
In addition to attending the live sessions with our experts, attendees will have exclusive access to the following e-learning programmes to complete in their own time:
- Whistleblowing Awareness in the Workplace
- Data Protection in the Workplace
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
When and where?
This event will take place online over 2 half days; Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th June 2023. Online
Standard Rate: €445
Early Bird Rate: €395 (Ends 24th April, 5pm)
Standard Charity/Small Company* Rate: €395
Charity Early Bird Rate*: €345
Save an additional €20 if you pay when booking online
*All organisations with fewer than 50 employees or charities qualify for our Charity/Small company rate. The number of employees includes all branches, subsidiary/parent companies, boards, trusts and federated organisations.
Programme coming soon.
Dr Gerry McMahon Managing Director
Productive Personnel Ltd
Gerry McMahon is acknowledged as a national expert in the area of People Management and Employee Relations. He has over 40 years’ practical experience working as an advisor/consultant in the area, across a range of sectors. He also has extensive experience working as a consultant, trainer, facilitator, team builder, negotiator, adjudicator, mediator, coach, investigator, researcher, arbitrator and expert witness on behalf of a wide range of Government departments, public sector enterprises, semi-state entities, blue chip companies, professional institutes, trade unions, staff associations, employer and community/voluntary and religious organisations.
Marian Jennings Specialist in Employment & Business Law
Marian is an experienced Law Lecturer, with a specialist offering developed over 20 years, in Employment and Business Law. She offers the combined value of a proven track record in academia together with professional private practice/in-house legal roles and significant board, governance and organisational management experience in the community and voluntary sector.