Forthcoming HR & Employment Law Webinars
Legal-Island has a number of free employment law and HR webinars planned throughout 2020.
Registration is free, and the list of upcoming webinars (along with links to the registration page) is below.
Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law - An Overview
Thursday 23rd July (2.00pm - 2.30pm) with Ulster University
Would you like to get a recognised, accredited qualification in NI employment law? Four years ago, Legal Island joined forces with Ulster University and the Labour Relations Agency to create what we think is the best employment law course in the UK. The feedback from students and guest lecturers has been exceptional.
The course includes 24 employment law and compliance lectures from the cream of Northern Ireland’s employment law expert practitioners and 12 afternoon sessions on ADR and tribunal representation, including role-play exercises with Labour Relations Agency staff and the President of Industrial Tribunals and the Fair Employment Tribunal. All live sessions take place on Tuesday afternoons but this year, everything will be online and students will also be able to watch recordings of all sessions and presentations after they are broadcast.
This year long (part-time) course commences on the 21st September. You can find out more about this course in this webinar as two of the founders, Scott Alexander (Legal Island) and Esther McGuinness (Ulster University) discuss the format and content of the programme and answer any questions you may have.
Also on the panel will be two former Students, Dylan Loughlin and Kathryn McKinney, who will give their personal insight into their experiences on the course.
The overall aim of this course is to promote and develop skills and research in the field of employment law. On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the core concepts of employment law and how they relate to practice.
- Learn the skills and processes required to qualify them to practice in the employment law field as HR professionals/lawyers.
- Develop the ability to reflect critically on and learn from their practice.
- Understand and apply context specific employment law research and theory to specific contexts and occupational sectors such as Human Resources and legal practice.
- Develop advanced employment law practice skills appropriate to specific contexts and occupational sectors.
- Examine critically the legal and contextual basis of employment law and practice.
- Develop an understanding of regional, national and international models of practice in the employment law arena.
- Give employment lawyers and Human Resource professionals the opportunity to interact with each other to develop insights into practice beyond their own agencies.
Overview of the Annual Review of Irish Employment Law 2020 Conference
Friday 24th July 2020 (12.00 - 12.15am)
Legal Island's Head of Learning and Development, Scott Alexander takes you through the important employment law and HR updates from 2020 that we'll be covering in our flagship Annual Review of Employment Law conference in 2020.
Check out previous discussions: https://www.legal-island.ie/employment-law-hub/resources/webinar-recordings/
Check out our latest updates in our Covid-19 hub: https://www.legal-island.ie/employment-law-hub/resources/coronavirus-covid-19/
Listeners may ask questions live through a chat box or listen back after broadcast.
"Just to say that the webinar earlier this week was excellent. I was able to use the information immediately! Looking forward to next week's already! Keep up the great work! "
Bernadette Kinsella, Assistant General Secretary, JMB
"I liked the structure, there were concise overviews of a few different topics so it was easy to remain engaged and interested. "
Anna Purcell, Purcell & Kennedy
"Great speaker, answered questions clearly and simplified the subject matter so it was easily digestible in a 45 minute session"
Ciara Carty, Nursing Homes Ireland
"[I liked] the way information was explained so simply and effectively."
Shaunagh Dunican, RBK
"Time well spent, [I liked the] speedy pace and variety of topics covered."
Barbara Dempsey, Barnardos
"Quick, informative and easy!"
Sinead Cockram, Swissport Dublin